Learning Support Department
Every Monday during term time 3:10 - 4pm
Parent/carers are welcome to 'drop in' to Learning Support for consultation with staff on a Monday evening, 3:10 to 4:00. It is not usually necessary to make an appointment. However, should you wish to see a specific staff member appointments are advisable.
Contact: 01253 667352
Student Medical Information & Updating Records
School holds certain medical information relating to students. Details regarding the administration of medication in school can be found in the following document. If your son/daughter is diagnosed with a new medical condition which it is necessary to inform the school about please complete and return the 'Medical Information Update' form.
Parental Survey of Tuesday Program 2009/2010
- www.direct.gov.uk - A website giving a wide range of government information and services regarding education, health and home and community.
- www.talktofrank.com - An interactive website giving confidential advice and support to drug users and their families. A free helpline is available on 0800 77 66 00.
- www.ace-ed.org.uk - The Advisory Centre for Education is a charity offering information about state education in England and Wales for parents of school age children. A free general advice line is available on 0808 800 5793 (Monday to Friday 2-5pm.) A free exclusions information line is available on 020 7704 9822.
- www.nextgenerationpublishing.com - A new magazine for parents of children in secondary education. Their aim is to help parents support and coach their teenager through the choices and decisions that affect their life as a whole: education, wellbeing, personal development, work and leisure.
- www.continyou.org.uk - A charity which offers a wide range of education and support for schools, families and communities, including the Active Dads and It's a Man Thing programmes.
- www.relate.org.uk - Relate is a charity which offers relationship support, including parent-child relationships.
- www.relateforparents.org.uk - offers free support, ideas, guidance and information for those who are searching for something that will make a difference.
- www.parenting.org.uk - Positive Parenting is a charity which offers parenting training and support.
- www.barnardos.org.uk - Barnardo's is a children's charity which offers relationship support, including parent-child relationships.
- www.coram.org.uk - Coram Family is a children's charity that aims to develop and promote best practice in the care of vulnerable children and their families.
- www.studyofadolescence.org.uk - The Trust for the Study of Adolescence is committed to improving the lives of young people and families.
- www.oneplusone.org.uk - One Plus One works to strengthen couple and family relationships.
- www.actionforchildren.org.uk - The NCH service supports some of the UK's most vulnerable and excluded children, young people and families.
- www.schoolhomesupport.org.uk - School-Home Support is a charity which provides practical and emotional help for disadvantaged children, young people and families.
- www.lancashire.gov.uk/CYP/find - FIND is for parents with children with disabilities.
- http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk - Childcare directory of all childcare in your area.
- http://www.lancsycs.org/go4it - Go4it. Things to do and places to go, by district.
- http://www.fyldeextendedservices.lancsngfl.ac.uk/ - events, holiday clubs, health and council services and much more.
- http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/projects/aces/index.php?category_id=843 - Fylde Inclusion Project - the project aims to support 3 Fylde High Schools (LSA Technology & Performing Arts College, St Bedes and Carr Hill) and their existing provision in working with students who may be at risk of exclusion to continue with their learning at school and to realise their true potential.
- http://www.lovereading4schools.co.uk/ - The school is already registered and parents can register too. This site is useful for finding booklists of reading suggestions for different year groups including dyslexia-friendly books and books for reluctant readers. If parents/students buy books via this site, the school earns book vouchers to spend on library books.
- http://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/atoz/a_to_z/service.asp?u_id=1544&tab=1 - Lancashire County Council Interpretation and Translation Service - provides an interpretation and translation service to enable people whose first language is not English to access all Lancashire County Council services, and information about services. Qualified interpreters provide face to face interpretation in over 20 languages, and all other languages on request. Interpreters can be provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week. People who do not speak English but who require a service from the Council, or information about services should contact 0845 053 0000. The customer access team will arrange for the appropriate interpreter to provide language support.
- www.advicelink.org.uk - Oaktree Children's Centre Newsletter
- http://www.fylde.gov.uk/leisure-culture-and-tourism/sports/find-club/ - Fylde Sports Club Directory