LSA is proud to be a Rights Respecting school and as a citizen of LSA school community you are expected to keep a code of RESPECT. Read our code of RESPECT our students have put together below.
By becoming a Rights Respecting School LSA is committed to creating a community that is based on the principles of:
We aim to:
- Create opportunities to empower us to become more active as citizens and learners
- Improved self esteem and feelings of being listened to
- Increased levels of respect for each other
- Greater understanding and respect for other cultures and beliefs that are different to their own
- Create a wider and deeper understanding of the world in which our students live
Our students have been working together on a project in recognision of UNICEF, which stands for The United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund. It is a United Nations programme funded through voluntary work and donations that provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children in developing countries and our students have been creating videos about the below articles:
Article 13 - Freedom of expression
'Every child must be free to express their thoughts and opinions and to access all kinds of information, as long as it is within the law.'
Jenna Blakeborough and Elle Thompson