What is a Trust School?
A Trust School is a foundation school which is supported by a charity, referred to as a Trust, which owns the land and buildings and appoints some of the governors. The Trust would be a registered charity. A Trust exists to enhance the education of students at the school and to promote community cohesion.
Who are our partners?
Our partners are Blackpool and The Fylde College, The Dukes Theatre, NHS North Lancashire, University of Central Lancashire and Fylde Coast YMCA.
What work will we do with our partners?
The Trust Partners will help the school to deliver its mission statement and the vision set for the Trust by Governors. The actions to be taken by the school with its partners can vary over time to meet changing priorities and demands but will concentrate on the following areas:
- Curriculum development
- Developing skills needed by students when they enter the workplace
- Strengthening vocational links in our specialist subjects
- Promoting the healthy lifestyles of students
- Increasing opportunities for students to learn about and through experience of the world beyond Lytham St Annes
- Developing the skills of staff