LOCAL LABOUR MARKET INFORMATION (LMI)
The need for LMI:
- Knowledge and understanding of how the labour market functions is at the centre of career practice
- Crucial for making sense of changing economic circumstances
The importance of LMI in Practice:
- Careers education, information, advice and guidance need to reflect the changing labour market
- Helps people navigate an increasingly complex labour market and make sense of the maze of opportunities
- Contributes to an informed careers decision
The below is a range of resources and information.
Labour Market Information Booklet
Labour Market Information/Resources
PRIORITY SECTOR STUDIES & FACTSHEETS - Careerometer (LMI For All)
The LMI for All project provides a tool can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations to support the process of identifying potential careers. This tool helps you to compare national average wages and working hours for up to three occupations.
Try typing in a job that you'd like to investigate and then select a match from the list to see the data. You can then include a second and third choice to view the comparison if required
Be aware that this is national average data, but you can use it to help you get a bigger picture of the potential opportunities on offer when used in conjunction with our own Industry, Sector, Job Role and Organisation profiles on icanbea...
The Careerometer widget provides access to a selection of headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects. The data are organised by occupation: simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you.
[Mobile users may need to scroll right to access the additional comparison boxes]