We have introduced a new, intuitive and easy to use online system for parents evenings hosted by SchoolCloud.
Thursday 23rd September 2021 - Year 11 Online Subject Consultation
Thursday 11th November 2021 - Year 7 - 11 Form Tutor Consultation Evening Online
Thursday 13th January 2022 - Year 10 Subject Consultation Video Evening
Thursday 10th March 2022 - Year 9 Subject Consultation Video Evening
Thursday 24th March 2022 - Year 8 Subject Consultation Video Evening
Thursday 31st March 2022 - Year 11 Subject Consultation Video Evening
Thursday 5th May 2022 - Year 7 Subject Consultation Video Evening
Check you're using a compatible web browser
The following web browsers are supported for making video calls:
- iPhone/iPad: Safari
- Android: Chrome or Firefox - please note that Samsung phones often default to using the Samsung Browser, this is not supported.
- Windows: Chrome, Firefox, or Edge (latest version only)
- Mac: Safari, Chrome, or Firefox
Check your camera and/or microphone is working
We recommend using a smartphone as all have a microphone, while most have a front-facing camera.
Once you've booked appointments, you'll see the Join Video Call button appear when logging in. Clicking on the button will open a page to test your camera/microphone/speakers.
Remember to close any applications that are using the Camera, as it can only be used by one application at a time.
Device/browser specific troubleshooting
Apple Devices on iOS 14.2 - Issue: stuttering audio at the start of the video call
There was a known issue affecting Apple devices running iOS 14.2 which caused stuttering audio when joining video calls. The audio would then often stabilize itself after some time. As this affected connecting to any video call in the Safari browser, it was not specific to SchoolCloud Parents Evening, nor within our ability to deal with. Apple fixed this issue with the release of iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 to the public on 15th December, which included an update of Safari to version 14.0.2. Anyone still seeing this issue should make sure they have applied the updates.
Edge (Chromium) - Issue: unable to hear audio from the other party
Assuming you can hear audio from the other party when using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox, this happens when the Media Autoplay setting in Edge blocks or limits audio from playing.
Check Group Policy to ensure AutoplayAllowed is set to Not Configured or Enabled. Setting this to Disabled would cause this issue to occur.
We also recommend:
- Using your smartphone for video appointments. If you don't have a smartphone with a front-facing camera, use a laptop or computer with a webcam.
- Using a headset (or earphones with a microphone) to reduce echo.
- As soon as you’ve booked an appointment, you can test your video and sound. Make sure your camera and microphone and volume are fully enabled in your settings and that you have allowed the system to access them. If one party loses connection during the evening, please just wait whilst they log in again and the call will resume. If there is a sound or display issue try clicking the microphone/camera icon off and on again. If there is still an issue, try logging off and logging on again or try another device.
If you are struggling to gain access to the system or have any technical difficulties, please email Consultation@lythamhigh.lancs.sch.uk