If you wish to find out more our curriculum then please contact Mrs Railton on main reception who will transfer your call to the relevant person;
Main Tel: 01253 733192
Main Fax: 01253 795109
|Monday - Friday||Period||Session Length|
|8:45 - 9:00||Registration||15 minutes|
|9:00 - 10:05||1||65 minutes|
|10:05 - 11:10||2||65 minutes|
|11:10 - 11:25||Break||15 minutes|
|11:25 - 12:30||3||65 minutes|
|12:30 - 13:20||4a Year 7, 10 and 11 lunch||50 minutes|
|13:20 - 14:10||4b Year 8 and 9 lunch||50 minutes|
|14:10 - 15:10||5||50 minutes|
Principles of our Curriculum:
All learners at LSA are entitled to experience a modern, world - class curriculum that will inspire, challenge and prepare them for their future as adults in the Twenty First Century.
The school will deliver a personalised curriculum which encompasses the National Curriculum and supports the personal, social moral & spiritual well being of all of our students.
In order to achieve our aspirations for learners our curriculum will:
- Offer opportunities for personalisation to meet the needs of individuals.
- Be flexible in its use of time and resources.
- Be coherent and relevant to students.
- Be delivered using the full range of learning approaches available utilizing resources both inside and outside the school.
- Be assessed in a variety of ways and for a variety of purposes.
LSA Step Up Programme.
We provide a supported study programme for students in Years 10 and 11 who are working at Entry Level in English and/or mathematics. Students are identified in advance of our options process and parents are contacted so that we can work together to ensure that each individual has a personalised curriculum that enables them to make best progress and secures next steps.